Organic products are becoming more and more popular as people start becoming more aware of what they put in and on their bodies.
Here are 5 excellent reasons to go organic for your personal care products.
1. Good for the soil.
- One major problem with modern, industrialized farming practices is that, after a number of years of increasing nutrient depletion of the soil, they can leave large tracks of land barren.
- Organic farming uses traditional methods of crop rotations as well as a modern and scientific understanding of ecology and soil science to ensure fertility of the soil and weed and pest control without the use of synthetic pesticides.
2. Good for the environment.
- Organic farming aims to reduce dependence on non-renewable resources and aims at all times towards sustainability, which includes having the best management of the environment and wildlife as a priority.
3. Good for your health.
- Cases of cancer, asthma, autism, learning disabilities, and infertility have all been rising in Canada, the United States, and other developed countries worldwide. Scientific studies have increasingly been showing that toxic chemicals are contributing to these and other chronic diseases and health problems. Replacing toxic chemicals with safer alternatives can reduce the number of people who develop these diseases.
- In North America, regulation standards for skin care, shower, and cosmetic products are extremely lax. Instead of requiring proof of product safety before skin care products are produced and distributed, ingredients in these products can be used in a product until they are proven unsafe. This means that approximately 50 ingredients are banned in our cosmetic products in North America. Compare this to the European Union that has banned over 1,100. What is the easiest way to eliminate these synthetic chemical nasties from your skin care routine? Go all-natural and certified organic.
4. No synthetic chemicals.
- By going all-natural and organic, you can safely and easily eliminate harmful synthetic chemicals like parabens, phthalates, SLS, nitrosamines, and more with little research and effort on your part. This is because there will be NO synthetic chemicals in your products.
5. No GMOs.
- Certified organic products are produced without GMOs, as they are prohibited in organic farming standards.